For any given simple or complex object managed in Nuxeo, you can also manage supplemental or variant versions of files. Use the "Files" tab to manage one or more variant files that will not be published in Calisphere; click on this tab to select and upload the files. Note that the "Auxiliary Files" section within the Nuxeo metadata view is not generally recommended for storing supplemental or variant files: the Nuxeo API provides an endpoint for creating/deleting/modifying files stored in this section. However, CDL-developed tools for interacting with the Nuxeo API (pynux and nxcli) do not currently support this functionality.
|Main content file (to publish in Calisphere)||Supplemental or variant versions of files (will not publish in Calisphere)|
Here are a couple of example scenarios:
- You've accessioned a digital photograph collection, and have two variant file versions: high-resolution TIFF files, and raw DNG files.
- You'd like to privilege the TIFF file as the primary file so it will be utilized to generate a service/display image once published in Calisphere: Manage this version in the "Main Content File" (found in the “Summary” tab).
- But you would like to hang onto the copy of the DNG file, as a variant version that will not be published in Calisphere: Manage this version in the “Files” tab.
- You’ve redacted a text document, such as a PDF, and now have two variant file versions: a redacted copy, and an unredacted original.
- You’d like to publish the redacted file in Calisphere: Manage this version in the “Main Content File” (found in the “Summary” tab).
- But you would also like to hold onto the unredacted file as part of your collection management: Manage this version in the “Files” tab.
For collections set up with Nuxeo to Merritt direct deposit: If the object is part of a collection set up for direct deposit from Nuxeo to Merritt, all of the files (from both the "Files" tab and "Main Content File" section) will be deposited securely in Merritt.