Contributors may provide descriptive information about their repository as well as each digital collection discoverable through Calisphere. This description can include any contextual information that will help researchers use and interpret the collection materials.
Requests to update are welcome any time; specific fields available for each type of “landing page”, as well as steps to initiate your requests, are detailed below.
Contributing Institution Pages
Each contributing institution in Calisphere has a "landing page" (example here) that lists the digital collections contributed by the partner organization. The contributor “landing page” displays the following information, as provided by the organization:
- institution name
- contact information (location, phone, email, website)
- brief description about the institution (multi-paragraphs supported)
Note that this information is initially supplied through our new contributor application form, and may be updated at any time. Contact us if you would like to add or update information about your organization.
Each collection in Calisphere has a "landing page" (example here) that displays the following information:
- collection title
- brief description about the collection (multi-paragraphs supported)
- relevant links, such as the:
- contributor’s digital collection site (linked through “view this collection on the contributor’s website”)
- finding aid URL (linked through “view collection guide”)
This information is initially established with contributors, as part of the process we use to initially harvest collections. Please feel free to submit this form to indicate any additions or updates to the collection-level description. (Select the option to “Submit collection-level (title/description/URLs) updates only” on the form.) Updating the collection-level descriptive information does not require a re-harvest.