If you have identified any digital items that need to be removed, please let us know. This includes items that you’ve identified should be:
- removed from public discovery due to legal, ethical, or other considerations;
- removed due to an item's copyright status;
- or removed based on any other new information you have learned about the item.
In cases where you need to immediately remove the item and/or metadata for a given object, please contact us with information about the items to remove and the reason for the removal. We'll remove the metadata from the Calisphere in a timely manner. We will also work with DPLA to do the same.
Here’s a suggested workflow:
- Contributor removes (or restricts) the record from their public DAMS -- this ensures that we will not pick up the item during any future re-harvests.
- Contributor contacts CDL with instructions to remove the item and/or metadata, including a URL.
- CDL removes the record from Calisphere.
- CDL sends a request to DPLA to delete the record from DPLA.
- CDL submits a removal request to Google. (Request to remove the page from appearing in Google Search.)
If you have opted to update the item record and/or description, please submit a re-harvest request so that we can conduct a re-harvest to pick up your changes.