Nuxeo Administrators may create new user accounts, for their respective campus libraries. A current list of campus library admins is available on the “Nuxeo Accounts and Administrators” page.
Creating a new user account will involve three steps:
- Nuxeo Administrator creates a new user account.
- User receives a confirmation email, and follows a link to create password.
- Nuxeo Administrator assigns user the appropriate campus library groups. (This can happen before the user opens the confirmation email and sets up a password.)
Detailed steps are available below.
Proposed username practices: Please use the person’s campus or associated organization e-mail address as the username. As the Shared DAMS is used across multiple UC campus libraries/departments, this will help us maintain user accounts, particularly if there are staff transitions across UC campuses.
Step 1: Create a new user account
- Nuxeo Administrator logs in to Nuxeo
- Clicks on “Admin” on the top navigation, then “Users & Groups” on the left navigation
- Select the “Create new user” button
- Add the following info:
- Username: use the person’s campus e-mail address (case sensitive)
- First name: add first name
- Last name: add last name
- Email: re-enter the person’s campus e-mail address (case sensitive)
- Add to “Members” group
- Add to any other campus library-specific groups (see “Setting Account Permissions for Nuxeo Users”)
- Set user password: select “No” (The user will receive an invitation by email to set a password and access the platform.)
- Choose “Create”
Step 2: Set password
- User will receive a Nuxeo invitation in the email, with a link to set up a new password.
- Follow the link, and create (and confirm a new password)
Step 3: Manage and assign user permissions
Nuxeo Administrator will need to set account permissions (this can happen during Step 1, creating the new user account). Currently, we manage account permission through groups. Please see “Setting Account Permissions for Nuxeo Users” for additional information.
Note about the “members” group: All user accounts will need to be in the “members” group, as a function of Nuxeo, in order to access content. Nuxeo Administrators can assign users to the “members” group.